A transfer student is a student who has attended another college or university. An applicant must submit official transcripts from high school and all colleges attended.

If a baccalaureate degree has been earned, only the transcript from the institution granting the degree is required. However, transcripts from all institution(s) granting credit are required if an applicant wishes to have transfer credits applied towards a LSCC degree or certificate. Transfer students who attended a Commission on Colleges, regionally accredited institution need only supply their college transcript(s). Students who earned credits at foreign colleges or universities may submit an evaluated document for consideration of credit. 

General Principles of Transfer Credit: 

Coursework transferred or accepted for credit toward an undergraduate program must represent collegiate coursework relevant to the formal award, with course content and level of instruction resulting in student competencies at least equivalent to those of students enrolled in the institution’s own undergraduate formal award programs.
1. In assessing and documenting equivalent learning and qualified faculty, Lawson State Community College uses recognized guides which aid in the evaluation for credit. Such guides include those published by the American Council on Education, the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, and the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs.

2. A course completed with a passing grade at other duly accredited post-secondary institutions will be accepted for transfer as potentially creditable toward graduation requirements.

3. Transfer credit is evaluated and posted to the MyLawson student account in a first come, first-served order.

Evaluation of Transfer Credit

Transfer credit is evaluated as your official transcript(s) are received by the Records Office. Credit posted to the MyLawson student system appears on a student’s computer generated degree plan. Whenever possible, evaluations occur prior to a student’s initial semester but are otherwise done on a first come, first-served basis.

Some credits may be ineligible for immediate transfer due to accreditation issues or incompatible course content.

An applicant who has completed the baccalaureate degree will be required to submit only the transcript from the institution granting the baccalaureate degree. However, the College does require official transcripts of other undergraduate coursework earned elsewhere if that coursework is to be used toward earning an award or fulfilling prerequisites.