CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW TO DOWNLOAD
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) Lawson State Community College decided to offer fall 2020 classes via the following formats: virtual, online, hybrid learning with limited ground (in-person) courses. Thus, the majority of classes will not be offered in physical classrooms for the fall 2020. As such, we will reduce on-campus housing capacity to half and limit on campus housing to students who enroll in career technical and health professions (with clinical experiences).
You may complete and submit an application for consideration for Spring semester 2021 if we are able to return to full capacity.
Residence Hall Video Tour
Welcome to Lawson State Community College (LSCC)
Lawson State Community College provides on campus housing for students in three on-campus residential buildings: Living Learning Residential Facility (LLRF) or Residence Hall; the One Stop Residence Hall (OSRH); and the White House (LLWH). On-campus living was designed with today's students in mind, including a number of amenities that will make on-campus living enjoyable and conducive for learning. Current features are free internet service, free satellite television service, private bathrooms, controlled heating and air, as well as, free local telephone connections in each room. Also, there are lounges /study halls.
Let Lawson give you a real college experience through living on campus!
How to Apply to Live in the Residence Hall
Housing Application Process:
Students who wish to reside on campus must follow the procedures below:
1. Application for Admission – Complete the Application for Admission and have an official copy of your transcript mailed to the
All new students are required to be assessed in Reading, English and Math for placement in college level courses. Contact the Admissions Office 205-929-6309 or Student Services at 205-929-6396 to determine whether your ACT scores and high school grades can be used for placement or whether you need to take an Accuplacer Exam.
2. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – We recommend you file online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is the fastest and easiest way to apply for aid. After completion, be sure to follow up with the College’s Office of Student Financial Services to ensure that the federal data has been received.
3. Housing Application – Complete the Application (including the signed Statement of Terms and Conditions of Occupancy). Carefully read, initial, and sign each page. Be sure that your social security number is recorded accurately on all forms. Mail the completed Application with a cashier’s check or money order for the one-time *$200.00 non-refundable application fee as soon as possible to:
Lawson State Community College
Business Affairs Office
3060 Wilson Road, SW
Birmingham, AL 35221
*The application fee is
not a deposit and will not be deducted from the cost of the room. It is a
one-time processing fee and is not required in subsequent terms or years. (Anticipated financial aid cannot be used to pay this fee.)
The Housing Application may be returned without the completed Student Health Form. However, the Student Health Form must be completed and brought before move-in if a room assignment is received. (*Applications will not be processed without the accompanying fee. NOTE: Send cashier's checks or money orders only if applying by mail. Cash may be presented if applying in person.)
4. Register and enroll (pay tuition and fees) as a full-time student in at least 12 semester hours or more. NOTE: Pell Grant is not sufficient to cover tuition/fees and housing fees. Neither housing payments nor room assignments can be processed until you have completed the admission process and have registered as a full-time student (paid for 12 semester hours or more).
5. Pay the residence hall/housing fees of $2,380 to the Business Affairs Office 205-929-2042. You should contact Student Life at 205-929-6352 to confirm the availability of a housing space. Student Life will confirm the availability of a room and make an assignment. This generates a charge that may be paid to the Business Affairs Office. (You may establish a payment plan using TouchNet via your MyLawson account. However, you must inform Student Life and the Business Affairs Office of your intent to use TouchNet for housing fees. While TouchNet may be used you must account for at least half of the amount due for housing before a room assignment may be secured.)
Room assignments are made on a first-paid, first-served basis. This step must be completed each semester. (For more information, see Frequently Asked Questions on the left of this page.)
Click below button for
ON-CAMPUS LIVING FACILITIES
Residence Hall (LLRF) – opened 2006, the LLRF building has 3 floors and a capacity of 120 including 116 student spaces and 4 resident assistants. Co-ed (Male and Female) Occupancy; Common Area Study Rooms and Lounges; Campus Police-monitored Video Surveillance; Keycard Access to external doors; Digital Pay Washer/Dryers; Wireless Internet Access, Cable TV; The first floor of the building has two wings divided by a lobby area, lounge, laundry room, elevator, hall staff office and live-in residence for professional staff Residence Manager. The second and third floors have two wings divided by the elevator and community study rooms
One Stop Residence Hall (OSRH) – opened 2019; 2 floors; elevator; Capacity: 37; Co-ed (Male and Female) Occupancy; Common Area Study Rooms and Lounges; Campus Police-monitored Video Surveillance; Keycard Access to external doors; Digital Pay Washer/Dryers; Wireless Internet Access, Cable TV
White House (LLWH) – opened 2015; 1 floor; Capacity: 12 (Male Occupancy); Common Area Study Rooms and Lounges; Campus Police-monitored Video Surveillance; Code-Access to external doors; Digital Pay Washer/Dryers; Wireless Internet Access, Cable TV.
Residential Hall Student Handbook
Contact Us / Request a Tour:
(Position Currently Vacant), Director of Housing & Residential Life
Application Process Questions:
VACANT, Administrative Assistant
Office of Student Life
For Staff Use Only:
Click Here RA Incident Reporting Form